So many things are going on in the parish these days! Between the return of the Precious Blood at Mass; and the fundraising for the vestibule expansion project; and the return of Trivia Night this weekend; it seems like there are a ton of good things happening at Christ the King!
With that in mind, I’ll use this column to give you a quick heads-up on a whole lot of things that you can expect in the coming months:
- I’m hoping that we can have our vestibule fundraising complete by the end of May in anticipation of our groundbreaking in June. I will update you on the fundraising at the end of May, as well as using future columns in May to prepare you for the impact that construction will have on parking, entrances, etc.
- Don’t forget that on May 13th, after the 5pm Mass, we’ll have our open house for retiring Principal Steve Hoffman in the new gym. I hope everyone can stop by to congratulate Mr. Hoffman on a job well done over the past 19 years.
- Groundbreaking for the new construction is tentatively scheduled for mid-June. I’ll give you more details once that date is solidified.
- Fr. Geoff’s last weekend at Christ the King is scheduled for July 1st and 2nd, so we’ll make sure that folks have a chance to say goodbye after Masses.
- Picnic & Brewfest Weekend is scheduled for Friday August 18th (Brewfest) and Sunday August 20st (Parish Picnic). Save those dates! Details will be forthcoming.
- We’re also planning on creating a new (and, yes, long-overdue!) Parish Photo Directory! Details to follow.
So yes, there’s a lot to look forward to, and it’s all good stuff! Especially after all that we’ve been through in the past few years, it gives me great joy to see all these wonderful signs of life in our parish.